lördag, september 30, 2006

Modification of the Canister

When I was looking for leakage of the canister I probably needed to seal at a bit more from the inside to make sure it was not leaking, on this image you can see where I added some more silicon inside the canister.


Here are the new contacts and teh blue arrow shows where I added silicon in the contact before I put it together, just to make sure it wasnt gonna let any water in through the contact.


On the inside of the lid the cords looks like this before I put them into the plastic contact.


To make sure that the contact is really NOT leaking I added some silicon on the inside of the lid too.


This is how the contact looks like put together and ready to be connected. As you can see the contact of the cord is with an 90 degrees angle which I think is really good to make it last much longer.


Another modification is this holder that are similar to the "buy-the-lamp-in-the-store" lamps. I just used 30 cm of soft webbing and strapped it really hard with the steal-strapps. It will be used if I want to put on my hip on my hip-webbing.


I also added another rubber-seal (o-ring) for the lid that hopefully will dothe trick.

So far I havent had the opportunity to try them out while diving but I have faith in them that these modifications will make it sealed.